Colin Miller is a Canadian hockey player who has made a name for himself as a hockey defender for the Vegas Golden Knights in the National Hockey League (NHL). After making the NHL draft in 2012, he has remained a fairly important player in the league, playing for several teams before settling into the Golden Knights. You can find out everything about him here.
Who is Colin Miller? His Biography
He was born on 29 October 1992 in Canada, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. It is a rather mysterious individual and it is not known how Colin Miller grew up, just as there is no information about his family.
There is hardly any meaningful information about how he grew up, so there is no information about his education or his childhood. So the main thing in his life is his sport.
Before he made the NHL draft, Colin Miller played for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) in 2012. In his last season, he was very phenomenal for the team: he scored 31 goals and 74 assists and scored 105 points in his 174 appearances. He did so because he earned penalty minutes, which led to 201 additional points.
Thanks to his efforts, he was able to take home the Mickey Renaud Captain’s Award after a media selection committee judged him the best team captain in the league, moving his team from a poor position to sixth place in the Western Conference rankings. He was honored for his exemplary leadership both on and off the ice. He was the fifth person to receive the award at the time.
Colin joined the NHL in 2013 when he was selected by the Los Angeles Kings as the 151st overall design. The team gave him an entry contract that would keep him there for the next three years. Sault Ste. Marie was 20 years old when he signed the contract.
Without any surprises, the defender continued to make a good impression on the team. He became the winner of the fastest figure skating competition at the AHL All-Star Skills Competition in 2015. He then continued to record the hardest shot in the AHL at 105.5 mph.
Colin Miller remained with the Los Angeles Kings until 2015 when he moved to the Boston Bruins after being traded to Martin Jones and Jakub Zbori in exchange for left wing Milan Lucic. Interestingly, the former Manchester Monarch’s man received a $2 million contract extension at the end of his first season with the Bruins. This came after he scored 3 goals and 13 assists in 42 games and 39 penalty minutes.
In 2017 he was selected by the Vegas Golden Knights after being named NHL Expansion Draft of the Year. Without staying with the Golden Knights too long, Miller made history in 2018 when he scored the team’s first goal in the Stanley Cup final.
Everything You Need To Know About Him
- In the same year, he was awarded the Mickey Renaud Captain’s Trophy, he was named the most underrated player of the season by the Western Conference Coaches, while at the same time he became the third overplayed of the year.
- He is a very secretive person who makes sure that apart from his pictures and a little bit about hockey nothing is discussed about his private life, including his siblings if he has any, and his parents.
- While the net worth of the hockey player, like most things about him, remains unknown, he is expected to have a very good net worth, even though he will definitely not be one of the richest. Nevertheless, when he signed his first contract with the Los Angeles Kings, valued at over $1.8 million, he received a salary of $620,000 in his last year, compared to $595,000 in the years before. He signed a contract with the Boston Bruins that earned him a salary of $900,000 for 2016/2017 and $1.1 million for 2017/2018.
- Height and weight: Like many other players in the NHL, Miller is a well-built man who is a match for the size and athletic build. He is 185 cm (6 ft 1 in) tall and his body weight is 89 kg (196 lb).
- Although he has a Twitter handle, he is not so much into social media.