When the current coach of Spanish football club Real Madrid called Raphaël Varane in mid-2011 to inform him of the Spanish giant’s intention to sign him, there was no doubt that the guy would be a good addition to the team. You never thought he would displace and replace Pepe, who was a fantastic player for the club.
Mr. Varane is not only the central defender for Real Madrid but also plays for the French national team. In his curriculum vitae, this article confirms the age of the Frenchman, his height, body measurements, and other facts that should be known about the French professional footballer.
Raphael Varane Bio, Age
It would not be out of place to claim that Raphaël Varane was born a footballer. Born Raphaël Xavier Varane on 25 April 1993, Varane, who is now known worldwide as a Real Madrid defender, began playing football as a boy.
According to records, Raphaël began to take football seriously as a career at the age of seven. He played for a local club called AS Hellemms in the arrondissement of Lille. Two years later, he moved to RC Lens, where he spent virtually all the years of his youth career, before joining Real Madrid as a senior international in 2011.
Raphaël Varane was born in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of the city of Lille as one of his parents’ three children. He has two siblings (brothers) Jonathan and Anthony Varane. It is known that Raphaël and his brothers are descended from Martiniquais. This is because their father Gaston comes from Le Morne-Rouge, a town in the French island region of Martinique. It is also common knowledge that the French mother of the defender of Real Madrid, Annie, was raised as Amandinoise. She comes from the municipality of Saint-Amand-Les-Eaux in the northern French department of Nord.
If you need to talk about Raphaël Varane’s love life, you cannot help but refer to a French woman named Camille Tytgat. According to what we have learned, the football star has been dating Camille Tytgat since 2011. Things went smoothly for her and so they decided to become life partners; they got married in June 2015 in Le Touquet, France.
Raphaël has already started to build his personal family with Camille. The two welcomed their first child, a son whom they named Ruben Varane in 2017.
His Height and Body Measurements
As you would expect from an athlete who seriously wants to reach great heights and perform extraordinary feats, Raphaël Varane works hard to stay fit. While his weight varies between 76 and 82 kg, he is three centimeters taller than 1.91 m (6 feet).
Apart from his height and weight, it has been reported from certain areas that the star measures 14, 32, and 42 inches for his biceps, waist, and chest respectively – we have not been able to confirm this. Varane is one of the footballers you wouldn’t find with any tattoo.
Other Facts About Raphael Varane
Did you know that Varane is currently the youngest player to captain the French national team? Here you can find more facts about the professional footballer:
1. While his main playing position is the central defender, he can also occupy the defensive midfield.
2. He is considered one of the best defenders in football in several quarters.
3. Raphael Varane made his professional debut as a footballer sometimes in November 2010.
4. He started playing for France in international youth competitions and appeared in tournaments under 18 and under 21 years of age.
5. The Lille-born football star was invited to join the French senior national team in August 2012.
6. His fantastic performance at the 2014 FIFA World Cup earned him a nomination for the Best Young Player award.
7. Raphaël Varane was named to the 5th team of FiFPro World XI in 2014, to the 3rd team in 2015, to the 4th team in 2016 and again to the 3rd team in 2017.
8. He has won the UEFA Champions League three times so far (2014, 2016 and 2017) In the same years he won the FIFA Club World Cup and the UEFA Super Cup; in 2012 and 2017 he won the Supercopa de España, in 2013-2014 the Copa del Rey and in 2011-12 and 2016-2017 the La Liga.
9. The football clubs he has played for in his senior national team include Lens and Real Madrid. While he was only with the former for one year, he has been with Real Madrid since 2011.
10. His contract with Real Madrid was extended to 2022 in September 2017.