Ray Borg is an average successful fighter in the professional mixed martial arts. After previously shining in his native Arizona with promotions such as King of the Cage and Legacy Fighting Championship, Borg moved to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in April 2014, where he fights in the flyweight class, the same class he was in on his two previous promotions. Upon joining UFC Fight Night 139, Ray Borg was ranked fifth in the UFC flyweight rankings. He was compared to Joseph Benavidez, who is ranked one notch higher than him. Borg’s highest rank at the time of writing this article is 3rd.
Ray Borg’s Family, Wife
Ray Borg may earn his living by beating people up, but at heart, he is a family man. The professional MMA fighter is married to Amanda Bord (née Lovato), and together the two of them have formed an enchanting family. After a period of dating, Borg asked Amanda the question on, well… “Boxing Day – December 26, 2015.
Boxing Day” certainly refers to a day when people are allowed to open their Christmas presents, but we can’t help but wonder if Borg has chosen this day with regard to boxing, something his wife also likes to do. Yes! You read that correctly, Mrs. Amanda Borg is also a fighter. Now you know what attracted them to each other.
She is a mixed martial artist who took a break from her career to start a family with the love of her life. Amanda Borg fought in the strawweight class at a height of 5 feet with a weight of 110 pounds.
As at the time of writing this article, she fought her last fight in the King of the Cage on May 14, 2016. Although Amanda left to have children with Ray, she still hopes to return to the ring and trains occasionally to stay in shape. Amanda Borg was born on April 28, 1991, in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. She attended Robertson High School and later the Central New Mexico (CNM) Community College. She has a brother named Ben Lovato.
The couple sealed the covenant on April 14, 2017, and one year later they visited their respective social media sites to wish each other a happy anniversary and share photos from their big day. The first year of their marriage was not at all what the couple had hoped for due to the illness of their baby, but despite all adversities, they managed to stay strong.
On March 27, 2018, they welcomed their first child, a son named Anthony Borg. However, one month after Anthony’s arrival, his parents were informed of the tragic news that their newborn had been diagnosed with hydrocephalus, which in layman’s terms means that he has water in his brain.
By October 2018, the young boy had undergone four brain operations to correct his disease. Ray and his wife Amanda have followed their fans through all stages of their son’s illness via social media. Especially Amanda managed to participate in the education about this terrible disease. In order to help with his son’s medical bills, Ray Borg began selling T-shirts online.
Other Facts About The MMA Star
– Ray Borg was born on August 4, 1993, in Tucson, Arizona, as Raymond Anthony Borg. He is of Mexican descent.
– Borg has the nickname “The Tazmexican Devil”.
– He turned pro in 2012 and debuted in the UFC against Dustin Ortiz on April 19, 2014, after fighting in the King of the Cage and Legacy Fighting Championship.
– Borg celebrated his first UFC victory in a fight against newcomer Shane Howell.
– He won his first fight by unanimous decision on August 8, 2015, in UFC Fight Night 73 against Geane Herrera.
– Ray Borg was involved in a situation with Conor McGregor on April 5, 2017. Conor, who was trying to get close to his future opponent Khabib Nurmagomedov, pushed a dolly through the window of a shuttle bus but eventually left glass splinters in Borg’s eyes. As a result, Borg was disabled in his next fight on April 7.
– Borg retired from his fight against Brandon Moreno on May 19, 2018, at UFC Fight Night 129 to be there for his son, who had undergone brain surgery.
– Ray Borg is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds. His range is 65 inches and his leg reaches 35 inches.