Kevin Harlan, the son of football manager Bob Harlan, grew up with a love for the sport. In high school, Kevin began broadcasting for his radio station and called play-by-play for the school’s hockey, soccer, and basketball teams.
From there he progressed rapidly and got his first professional job with ESPN in 1992. From 1994 to 1997, he then worked at FOX as NFL spokesperson before moving to his current employer CBS in 1998. On CBS, Harlan broadcasts NFL, NBA, and college basketball games.
He also works for the NBA on TNT as an announcer of singles games. Kevin has also announced a number of Super Bowl games. His first was the Super Bowl XLV in 2011 when he was still working for the now-defunct Westwood One.
Family: Wife, Daughter, Kids
As in his professional life, Kevin Harlan is also doing well in his private life. On Boxing Day 1987 he made the alliance with Ann Harlan and has been married to her since. Mrs. Harlan often goes to her Instagram page to post cute snapshots of her admirable family.
The couple has four children together, including Haley Harlan Mancuso, Abigail Harlan, Rob, and Olivia Harlan. The most popular among them is daughter Olivia Harlan, who followed in her father’s footsteps and became a sports reporter.
Harlan’s daughter Olivia Harlan was born on April 9, 1993, and was in love with sports from a very young age. During her time at the University of Georgia, Olivia reported on athletics for the school’s website. Like her father, Olivia enjoyed a rapid rise in her career.
In 2014, she was hired by ESPN and SEC as a college football reporter. She is the host of ACC All Access. Olivia is also popular because of her relationship with Los Angeles Clippers player Sam Dekker. Kevin couldn’t be prouder of his little girl.
Kevin Harlan Net Worth, Salary
Harlan is undoubtedly an icon in sports announcements. His rough voice, his spontaneity, and his ability to make his spectators feel like they are part of the game make him a favorite of many sports lovers. Some of his fans have often wondered how much their favorite announcer gets for his work.
Well, our research didn’t come up with an exact figure for what Harlan earns, but we found out that the average professional sports announcer on television earns an average salary of $65,000, while his colleague who works in radio networks earns about $35,000, and Harlan can be seen on both television and radio.
However, some announcers, who have their own television shows, have developed their skills and boast a large fan base, can earn up to seven figures annually. Mike Tirico, Jim Nantz, Joe Buck, and Stephen A. Smith are obvious examples.
In the case of Kevin Harlan, we know that one of the ways he increases his income is by lending his voice to the NBA 2K series. A gig he’s been doing since 2005. In his interview with the Just Not Sports podcast, he talked about his decades of experience with the 2K game.
Given all this, we speculate that Kevin Harlan’s net worth is between $2 and $5 million.
- Harlan was born on June 21, 1960, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Kevin attended Our Lady of Premontre High School.
- Originally he wanted to study at either the University of Wisconsin-Madison or Notre Dame University for his degree in Mass Communications, but the radio announcer Gary Bender recommended the University of Kansas to Bob Harlan, who sent his son to school. Kevin graduated in 1982 with a degree in broadcast journalism.
- Kevin Harlan honed his skills as a sports journalist under the guidance of Tom Hedrick, who was the Jayhawks’ main basketball play-by-play announcer at the time.
- Harlan caused quite a media to stir on Monday, September 12, 2016, when he made a phone call as a fan who was attacked by security guards after breaking into a Monday Night Football game between the San Francisco 49ers and Los Angeles Rams.
- Kevin Harlan is 6 feet 3 inches tall.
- He was named National Sportscaster of the Year by the NSMA in 2017.
- Harlan became known for saying the lines: “He just sucked gravity out of the building! AND “with no regard for human life!”