Carrie Coon is an American actress with a mixed ethnic background who, despite her busy schedule, finds time to get involved in social organizations where she actively promotes social trust and provides various materials needed to make a difference. She uses her star power time and again to provide financial and moral support to various women’s organizations.
Carrie Coon Biography
Carrie Coon was born in 1981 in Copley, Ohio, in the USA. She was christened by Carrie Alexandra Coon but was called Carrie Coon for short. Coon is of American nationality, but her ethnicity is mixed (German, English, French, Slovak, and Hungarian). She was born as the third child of Paula Coon, mother, and John Coon’s father. She grew up with four siblings, one sister and three brothers.
The educational history of Coon can be traced back to Copley High School, where she studied until 1999. Immediately after leaving high school, she attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she received a bachelor’s degree in art in 2003. Her main subjects were English and Spanish. After her successful years at the university, she entered the acting profession and worked for the Madison Repertory Theater. Since then she has acted in many films and drama series.
She made her professional stage debut at the Madison Repertory Theater in the production of Our Town, after which she moved to the American Players Theatre, where she spent four seasons.
In 2008 Coon moved to Chicago, from where she appeared in a production of Brontë. For years, the actress moved a lot; from Chicago to Wisconsin to alternate between productions in Chicago and Milwaukee and seasons with the American Players Theatre.
The actress is best known for her role in the HBO drama series The Leftovers (2014-2017), in which she played the leading role of Nora Durst. As a result, she has received much critical acclaim and won the Critics Choice Television Award for best actress in a drama series. She played the role of Gloria Burgle in the third season of the FX anthology series Fargo (2017), as Honey in Who is Afraid of Virginia Woolf? as Margo Dunne in the thriller Gone Girl (2014) and Meg Greenfield in the drama The Post (2017).
The relationship status of the raccoon is married. After ending a long affair, she met and married Tracy Letts, who is an actress and playwright. The lovebirds tied the knot in 2013, and to this day they still live in marital bliss. They met when they had acted in the same film the year before. Coon’s husband Tracy Letts is very happy because he claims that divorce is out of the question for them.
As for herself, Coon is very happy with her marriage, and she gives all the credit for her success to her beloved husband, whom she claims is her motivation and inspiration. The couple expects their first child to be born before the end of the year.
Height and Other Body Measurements
Carrie Coon is 1.65 m tall; her hair color is brown and the color of her eyes blue. Unfortunately, further details about her body measurements and other body statistics are not easily accessible online.
Quick Facts About Carrie Coon
- Her parents were Paula and John Coon.
- She is the third child in a family of five with an older sister, an older brother, and two younger brothers.
- In 2013 she closed the wedding knot with Tracy Letts, a playwright, and announced the birth of her first child for January 2018.
- Coon is best known for her role in The Leftovers, where she played the role of Nora Dust (2014-2017).
- In 2017, she took a lead role in the FX anthology series Fargo. For her efforts, she was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Leading Actress in a Limited Series or Film.
- For her role in Fargo and The Leftovers, she won the TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Drama.
- In 2006 she earned a Master of Fine Arts in Acting from the University of Wisconsin – Madison and later spent four years at the American Players Theatre.
- She made her first television appearance in 2011 in an episode of The Playboy Club.
- It can be said that her sexuality is heterosexual, as we have not heard rumors about abnormal sexual behavior about her.
- Coon is active in social media with 11k followers on Facebook, 25.1k followers on Instagram, and 28.8 followers on Twitter. The numbers are subject to constant change.