Amara La Negra is a singer, dancer, actress, reality TV star, and all-around entertainer. Born Afro-Latina had an early start as a children’s star when she appeared regularly on the long-running Spanish language television program Sábado Gigante. Her music career also dates back to her teenage years, but she received a major boost in early 2018 when she appeared in season 1 of the successful reality TV show Love & Hip Hop: Miami.
Amara La Negra Bio (Age)
Amara La Negra was born on October 4, 1990, in Allapattah, Miami, as Dana Danely’s De Los Santos. She was raised by her mother as an only child. As an early bloomer, she was enrolled in dance, modeling, and acting classes. During her childhood, Amara was very active as she participated in several children’s contests and singing competitions.
At the age of four, the talented young woman became known to the Spanish television audience when she landed a regular spot on the Univision variety shows Sábado Gigante. She first participated in the singing competition segment and then joined the show’s children’s music group. Later Amara joined the Univision dance group and also performed as a background dancer for major artists. Her early musical influences include Willy Chirino, Olga Tañón, and the late Celia Cruz.
Amara La Negra was already intensively involved in various aspects of showbiz as a teenager, and in the early 2010s, she achieved considerable success, especially in the urban Latin music industry. Most notable among her earlier releases are “Asi”, “Se Que Soy” and the 2013 hit “Ayy”. She has also worked with major artists such as Trina, Kent Jones, Sean Paul, and Mr. Vegas.
In summer 2017, Amara La Negra was cast in the first season of the successful reality TV show Love & Hip Hop: Miami, which marked a turning point in her career. Armed with an exotic look, a larger-than-life personality, and a ton of self-confidence, the Afro-Latino bomb easily became the show’s breakout star after its premiere on January 1, 2018. Shortly after her highly acclaimed debut, she was awarded a multi-million dollar contract for several albums with the music company BMG and Fast Life Entertainment Worldwide. In February 2018, she was also signed by the global entertainment and fraggingur United Talent Agency.
After her success at Love & Hip Hop: Miami, Amara La Negra quickly set to work on her debut album, and on March 19, 2018, she released her first official single, “Insecure”.
Her Parents and Boyfriend
Amara La Negra was born in the USA to Afro-Hispanic parents of Dominican origin. In search of better opportunities, her mother Ana Maria Oleaga immigrated from the Dominican Republic to the USA before her birth. Apparently, her father was absent during her upbringing, as there is very little information about him. Her mother works as a cook in Miami, and she appeared with her daughter as a supporting actress on the reality show Love & Hip Hop: Miami.
As far as relationships are concerned, one can assume that Amara La Negra is currently single. In the course of the reality show Love & Hip Hop: Miami, the multi-talented diva revealed that she has no boyfriend, so her career and her mother were the focus of her action.
Height and Other Facts
1. Amara La Negra is 168 cm (5 feet 6 inches) tall and has a body weight of 64 kg (141 lb).
2. Her most remarkable physical features are her black porcelain skin, her signed Afro, and her hourglass figurine. She has a bust measurement of 89 cm (35 inches) and her waist and hip measurement is 71 cm (28 inches) and 114 cm (45 inches) respectively.
3. As a diva with diverse talents, Amara La Negra is also a certified Zumba instructor. According to her, she originally participated in the fitness program to control her weight after she reached an amazing 230 pounds on the scales.
4. In addition to her flourishing showbiz career, Amara La Negra is also a fashion entrepreneur. In April 2017 she launched her own brand of sports and swimwear, the ALN Clothing Line.
5. In February 2018 Amara La Negra released a cover version of the cult dancehall track “Bam Bam Bam”.